Sunday, August 7, 2011

What I'm Making... For Lunch Everyday!


I eat the same thing for lunch pretty much every single day.  The recipe changes slightly here and there based on what I have on hand, but its basically a greek salad.  It's hardly even a recipe really, but I thought I'd share because I used to have such a hard time coming up with something yummy, healthy, and easy to throw together for lunch everyday. 


So each week I buy a cucumber, a bell pepper, hearts of romaine (or other greens if I'm in the mood), grape or cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, and a pack of chicken breasts.  Sometimes if I have any on hand, I'll use some pepperoncini or garbanzo beans as well.  I cook all of the chicken breasts after marinating them in italian dressing overnight.  It is so wonderful to have this chicken in the fridge ready to throw on the salad at lunch time or to give Peanut for a quick snack.  I also wash and chop all of the veggies so they are ready to go.  Then at lunch time I combine everything and dress with one tablespoon of Newman's Own Olive Oil and Vinegar dressing mixed with a couple of tablespoons of white wine vinegar.  I LOVE a lot of dressing on my salad so this is a good way to get that without a lot of extra calories!


What do y'all eat for lunch during the week??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...