Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Wednesday Whereabouts and a Recipe!

Here's just a little of what we've been up to lately:


Snuggling in bed...



Lots and lots of home decorating...


Making the move to the crib... finally!


Enjoying my new Kate Spade Bow Earrings!!!



Rocking puppies to sleep... heart. melts.

 
Oh and btw, this boy will be starting SCHOOL next week.  Yikes.  We had been planning on him starting in the fall, but a place opened up at a school that I love and he's going to start on Tuesday.  I've been running around like a crazy person getting forms from his doctor, getting him a little lunch box, procuring a nap mat, and having it all monogrammed of course!

Amidst all the craziness, I did manage to whip up a fun little Valentine's Day snack though.  Tomorrow we will be having some friends over for a playdate and I wanted something fun, festive, and most important - easy for us to snack on.  This sweet popcorn treat is a combo of several ideas I've seen floating around, but can most recently be credited to Amanda at Dixie Delights, who always has the best ideas.

This isn't truly cake  batter flavored, but I like the richer vanilla flavor that adding cake mix gives to treats like this and rice krispie treats.  Hope y'all enjoy it as much as we have!


Valentine's Day Candy Popcorn
*Makes 8 Servings

Ingredients
1 bag popped popcorn
About 6 ounces melted almond bark
2 Tablespoons yellow cake mix (I used betty crocker gluten free)
1 tablespoon vegetable (or canola) oil
Red food coloring
About 1/2 bag of Valentines M&M's


Directions 
Pour popcorn in a large bowl.  Melt almond bark and add just enough red food coloring to turn it pink.  Stir in the cake mix and about a tablespoon of oil to thin it a bit.  Pour over the popcorn and stir stir stir! I just took off my jewelry and used my hands.  Then pour in the m&ms and toss it together.  Pour out over wax paper to harden a bit and then store in an airtight container.  Enjoy!

 
When he tasted this, Phillip kept saying "wow, wow, wow Mommy!  This is a good dinner!" :)












2 comments:

  1. Yum!! That looks SO good! What a great treat for Valentine's Day :)

    And I love your earrings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOooveee those earrings!!!! Oh....so happy your little beauty is going to the crib. Mama needs sleep too:)
    Popcorn looks great!
    I hope your little guy's first day goes well! I have yet to send any of mine but want to. But I must admit I'm a little nervous about it too!
    Let me know how it goes!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...