Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Lately and Running Essentials

Howdy and happy fall y'all! See? I'm back and it didn't take months :)

I just wanted to share a little of what we've been up to lately.  I'm also working on some "Finally Fall Favorites" posts for both food and fashion so look out for those in the next week!

Things are really great.  Basically, I just really feel like I'm starting to hit my stride as a mommy of two.  Yeah.  It took me more than a year.  But hey I'm just being honest!  Phillip is a little spit fire these days.  He argues and bargains constantly, but he is also so much fun!  One of the things I looked forward to the most about being a mom was reading my kids the books that I loved as a child and I was so excited when Phillip and I headed to the library this week and picked up Charlotte's Web.  When I was a kid, my mom would read us books like that, maybe a chapter or two a day each afternoon and I loved it.  I was a little worried that it might be too soon but so far it's been great.  He actually has a great attention span for it and seems to be enjoying the story.





Little Natalie is as busy as ever and (I can't believe I'm actually typing this) STILL not sleeping through the night.  She was for a while when she was much younger but she hasn't been for about the last 5 months.  I think I am going to have to let her cry it out, which breaks my heart, but I really need to get some sleep!





Phillip is in school Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings so the other days we usually try to head out of the house and do something fun.  The last couple of weeks we have gone to the Children's Museum.  They both LOVE it and are finally at ages where they can kind of do the same things.  Both of them are obsessed with all things ball related so we do a lot of that.  We usually pack a lunch and eat there so that when we get home right at nap time, everyone is fed and ready to rest!



_______________________________________________________________________________


I have been running a lot lately and it feels so great!  I am by no means a serious runner but I do consider myself a runner since I get out there and move by butt at a quickish pace for at least three miles a few times a week.  Right now I'm training to do the Rock n' Roll half marathon in November just like I did last year.  I'm not too worried about finishing in a certain time, but I do think I will run it a bit faster this year since I'm not just a few months post partum. 

I thought I'd share a few of my favorite running accessories for any of you fellow runners or those hoping to start running!   P.S. I'm not making money off of any these, just sharing because I love them!

Here's a little awkward post-run selfie that, incidentally, shows you how messy my closet is!  It shows you some of these running faves though!  And check out that awesome shorts tan...



 
 
This puppy is amazing.  If you have C cup or larger breasts you MUST get it.  It is not cheap, but it will hold your breasts in place like nothing else.  It's even comfortable for me when I'm super big in the early days of nursing.  I love the adjustable straps and hook closure in the back.  It comes in cute colors I think, but I just have black and white. 
 



 
Nike LunarGlide Running Shoes in Grey/Pink (as with most running shoes, I size up .5)
I don't have really sensitive feet, but I like these and the cuteness doesn't hurt!
 
 


 
Lululemon Run: Speed Short (these run very small - I'm a 4)
I used to be a total Nike Tempo devotee, but I really like these better.  The Tempos tend to be a bit long on me and I feel like the shortness of these elongates my squaty short legs.  Bonus: the waist band is very soft and doesn't pinch your muffin top!
 
 
 
Like I said above, I'm not a super serious runner, but this watch is great.  Hubs surprised me with it and I couldn't be more thrilled to have it. I've never wanted to invest in a GPS watch before, but this one is relatively inexpensive and is very light weight.  I love being able to just set out on a run now without worrying about making a route before I go.  Plus, looking at all my past runs is really motivating for me. 
 
 
 
I have a treadmill too, so that should probably be on this list as well.  If it wasn't for the treadmill and this stroller, I would never be able to workout.  But seriously y'all this stroller is so wonderful!  It is big and heavy, but surprisingly easy to maneuver and great to run with.  I can push it one handed most of the time.  The kids are very comfy in it and it has great oversized sunshades. 
 


Ok, that's all I have for today!  I'd love to hear any running essentials y'all have.  I'm always looking for new ideas :)











3 comments:

  1. Great post! I always love when you post so I can catch up with those little cuties. :)

    (Also, you may already know this, but I can't ever respond to your comments via email because you don't have your email linked to your blog. Like I said, this may TOTALLY be on purpose, but my account was like that for at least two years before I realized it. Just in case you want to change it... :) http://morefromyourblog.com/no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix-this/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I always love when you post so I can catch up with those little cuties. :)

    (Also, you may already know this, but I can't ever respond to your comments via email because you don't have your email linked to your blog. Like I said, this may TOTALLY be on purpose, but my account was like that for at least two years before I realized it. Just in case you want to change it... :) http://morefromyourblog.com/no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix-this/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Running while pushing two kiddos!?! You go girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...