Sunday, February 6, 2011

Mrs. K = Sore

I fully realize that it's February now, and as a result, maybe I'm just a teeny bit behind on my New Year's Resolution.  That being said, I feel like it's never too late for self-improvement.  I'm almost ashamed to tell y'all about my resolution because it's such a cliche!  Nevertheless, I will put it out here in hopes that it will help me stick to it.

So here it is; I've lost all the baby weight and then some (cheers!!!), but I have worked out probably about 20 times since the peanut was born (boo!!!).  He's almost 10 months old people.  Do the math - that's about twice a month.  seriously. pathetic.

I am busy.  I work, go to law school, have a baby, a husband, a dog... but really, what mom's not busy these days?  It really no excuse to not make the time for something this important.  I really need to get back on the working out bandwagon for so many reasons:

1. It will make me feel better.  I know this.  I've worked out regularly in the past and I always had so much more energy.  And yet, always "being exhausted" is probably my number one reason for not exercising.   

2. Like I said, I've lost the baby weight, but I have not lost the baby jiggle.  Bathing suit season (at least here in Houston) is really just around the corner and I frankly think my stomach could use some work.

3. I want to be a good example for my son.  I realize I'm young and it sounds silly to say this, but when I was a kid we just moved more than kids do these days!  We spent whole days outside playing and exploring.  Sure we watched TV, but days went by during the Summer when we never even turned it on.  I want him to realize that being active is fun.

So, on that vein, I jumped back on the working out this weekend and I may have overdone the abs just a little bit because I am in pain!  You never realize how much you use your abs until they are unbelievably sore, wow.  Hopefully, I'll be feeling better tomorrow and I can keep it up!  I think if I'm able to meet my initial goal of working out at least three times per week, I will reward myself with a new outfit from the adorable Lululemon.  I figure, if I'm going to be working out and I don't have time to change I need to have some cute/presentable work out clothes to run around in.  Here are a few of my favorite items:







Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...