Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Big Boy Room

Believe it or not, Natalie is still sleeping in our bedroom! Our house is a three story townhouse with one bedroom on the first floor and two on the third floor. So, we thought it was best for Phillip to stay upstairs in his nursery for a while and just keep Natalie with us. But, she's nearing the six month mark, when Phillip started pulling up and sitting well. That means its about time for her to move out of the bassinet and into the crib. Phillip is still in the crib at this point, although he uses it as a toddler daybed. Side note, it's too funny but Phillip will still stay in his bed and call me to come get him even though he can obviously just get in and out!

So, in January we will be moving Phillip downstairs to his own "big boy room." I'm sure I won't have it all finalized when he moves in, but I've been thinking a lot about how I want it to look. I will definitely have a few fun "kiddish" accents, but overall I want it to be a room that can grow with him until highschool if possible.  So, I'm thinking that most of the furniture and fabrics will be very classic and I'll throw in some fun accessories.

Here are a few of my inspiration rooms/items:

I want the room to have a few fun doggy accents and I think this pillow would be adorable layered with the PB Grand bedding and a big check euro sham.

I love the idea of a gallery wall of fun dog prints like these here.  Some could be silhouettes and others could be more classic looking and antique prints.
 
These are too cute and (according to Pinterest!) very easy to DIY.

I love this PB Grand bedding with the red piping, but I may try to find a cheaper alternative.


Love these check shams!
 
Love the check shams here, but I would do those on the euros and then have the red/white embroidered pillows in front of that.

We will be using a vintage twin bed, but I plan to paint it a dark blue similar to this.
Benjamin Moore Heavenly Blue

Benjamin Moore Paladium Blue
 Thoughts?  Suggestions??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...