Friday, December 21, 2012

Fashion Friday: The Look for Less and Kendra Scott

Happy Friday everyone! We are off to Dallas for the weekend to visit some family. Wish us luck for the four hour drive with the littles!I have a couple of totally random fashion related things for you today. First, remember the fabulous Lilly Pulitzer Elsa top I've been raving about?Well, I found a pretty darn cute and MUCH cheaper alternative at Old Navy of all places.

So, it's not silk and there aren't all of the color/pattern options, but it looks close!


$138 versus


For only $29!!! Available in pink, white, navy, yellow, mint, and olive green here.


Second, I'm officially obsessed with Kendra Scott.  I know she's been hot for a while, but I really had only been seeing people wearing the larger dangly (is that a word??) earrings that she makes, which generally just don't look good on me.  But, the other day I popped into her new store here and found some to die for and relatively affordable earrings I could see myself wearing all the time.  Here are a couple I would love to have:

Carly Stud in Turquoise
 


Tavi Stud in Green - I think these would be perfect to wear on Christmas!


P.S. If you sign up for the Kendra Scott email updates, they will send you a 15% off coupon!



My last little bit of fashion randomness is so silly but I just have to share.  I have very blonde eyelashes so I cannot live without mascara.  I generally just pick up some random tube that intrigues me at the grocery or drugstore because I feel like all mascara seems to basically work the same at least if you layer it enough.  However, on a whim I picked up two new kinds the other day and I decided to start wearing them together.  I think I may have stumbled on to something here.  The first is one of the fiber mascaras by Maybelline.  It's called Illegal Lengths... silly I know :)  The other is Maybelline Mega Plus Volume Express.






The Illegal Length did seem to make my lashes a bit lengthier, but alone it just didn't give my lashes the fullness I was looking for.  Together though...



Ok, the lighting is weird, but don't my lashes look kind of fantastic??


Alright, that's all for today folks.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend and you're able to wrap up all of your Christmas errands!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...