Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Happy New Year!



Happy New Year y'all!I hope that everyone had a wonderful New Year's Eve. I spent mine doing exactly what I wanted: chilling on the couch with my sweetie. I made a fun cheese plate and some champagne jello shots and we watched an old movie. It was perfect. We toasted, kissed at midnight and we were in bed by one!

I'm not really big on New Year's Resolutions, but I have been trying out a new system for establishing habits and I hope it continues to be successful this year.  I am full of hope and optimism about 2013 for our family.  It's a far cry from how I felt last New Year but I really am happy and I can't wait to see what the year brings.

For those of you hoping to start the year cooking more or eating healthy, here is a delicious recipe I made up for gluten free banana avocado muffins.  They are very moist and rich, but full of healthy things like banana (obviously), avocado, flax, and pecans.  Phillip and I are eating a couple of them for breakfast every day right now. 

Gluten Free Banana Avocado Muffins
Makes 36 mini muffins


Ingredients
  • 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour (I use Better Batter, but any blend with xantham gum will do.  If you don't have a blend, I recommend 1/2 cup brown rice flour, 1/4 cup tapioca starch, and 1/4 cup potato starch, plus 1/2 teaspoon of xantham gum)
  • 1 cup flax seed meal
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 3 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1 ripe avocado, mashed
  • 2/3 cup honey
  • 3 tbl cooking oil (any but olive!)
  • 1 tbl vanilla
  • 1 egg
Directions
  • Preheat oven to 350 and grease two mini muffin pans
  • Whisk flour, flax seed, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
  • In the bowl of a standing mixer, beat mashed bananas, avocado, hoeny, oil, vanilla, and egg until combined.
  • Add the dry ingredients to the wet in three additions, mixing until combined.
  • Stir in nuts
  • Fill the muffin tins about 2/3 to 3/4 full and bake about 15-17 minutes until top springs back when lightly touched.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...