Thursday, January 3, 2013

Thursday Thoughts: Home Projects and Deliberate Motherhood

The birthday is over and it was a wonderful day. It was pretty much your average day, with the exception of dinner out, but I have a pretty great life so no complaints! Funny enough though, Natalie seemed to sense when my birthday was over. No more special treatment Mommy! At exactly one in the morning she woke up ready to play and wouldn't go back to sleep for an hour and a half. Needless to say, we are both a little sleepy and cranky today.

I have some really high hopes for house projects this year. Brian has some ambitious home improvement in the works and I would like to do some things as well. Inspired by one of mu favorite blogs, Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers, I'm going to try to keep it reasonable and doable and pick one project a month to complete. I've only planned through June, but the current plan is as follows:

January: clean out and organize all bedroom closets- I'm already started on mine!
February: complete the kiddo room switch
March: fix up the yard, plant new flowers in beds
April: clean out and reorganize kitchen and dining room hutch
May: frame and hang new family pictures
June: deep clean house


I still haven't finished the amazing book I was telling y'all about, but I can already say it is a must read if you're a mom. It's incredibly inspirational and full of practical advice for pushing yourself to become a better mother and finding more peace as a mother.

I WILL finish reading it this weekend and share more thoughts. For now, I must get to bed because I am exhausted. Can't wait to share my latest fashion finds tomorrow though! I leave you all with two cute/hilarious pictures of our day:












No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...