Monday, January 14, 2013

Motherhood Mondays: Sorry for my absence!!

I'm so sorry for not posting on Thursday and Friday y'all, but last week was TOUGH. Natalie was very sick with an ear infection and to make matters worse, she also had a major relapse on her reflux issues.  Luckily we now have her on a new medication that seems, at least for the moment, to be helping things.

Friday I really thought I was going to lose it.  Natalie went 12 hours DURING THE DAY without eating. My breasts were engorged of course and I was just really worried.  I was at the point where I just wanted to quit (as if that was even an option). Thank God, her pediatrician was able to fit us in and things have been better this weekend. 




Friday night, while researching her new medication, I came across a bunch of forums about infant reflux.  I could have written some of the posts.  Others were titled things like "Losing My Will to Live" and "I don't know where to go from here..."  This is seriously some rough stuff.  So sad, but at the same time it made me feel a bit better that I'm not the only mother out there who feels like this is just too much to handle sometimes.  There is just something so awful about not being able to feed your child.

Along with her new medication, the pediatrician gave us the go ahead to start some solids because she is almost six months and apparently it can occasionally help things.  We started rice cereal on Saturday and she actually loved it!  I was so shocked.  We never even did infant cereal or baby food with Phillip, but I'm just too exhausted to be uptight about what I think is the "right" way to do things.  If there's a chance in heck this will help our girl, I'm all for it.





We also started full throttle with potty training Phillip and it's going great!  I tried once before to potty train him when I was eight months pregnant... let's just say it did not go well.  He was clearly not really ready and I was unbelievably hormonal.  I am doing a very hands-off approach that puts the decision in his hands this time (he can be quite stubborn if something is not his idea).  I'll share more once I feel that it has been completely successful, but so far today we've had ZERO pee accidents and even successfully peed in a public bathroom.




Oh, and someone may or may not be on the move now!!!

I'll be back to regular posting tomorrow and again I apologize for my absence.  Thanks if you're still reading!


 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...