Friday, November 9, 2012

Show Us Your Life: Side Dishes

Today I'm linking up at Kelly's Korner to share one of my favorite super simple side dishes for fall: parmesan truffle french fries. Normally, I keep side dishes pretty simple. Most nights of the week make some brown rice or frozen veggies for sides. About once a week I try to make something a bit more exciting and these truffle fries go perfectly with everything from hot dogs to filet mignon. Saturdays are the night hubby and I put the kids to bed, I cook something a little special, and we enjoy dinner just the two of us with a bottle of wine.

Enjoy!



Parmesan Truffle French Fries
 
Ingredients:
  • one bag Ore Ida Shoestring Fries (I use about half the bag to serve the two of us... and we eat a lot)
  • 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (preferably grated over shredded)
  • white truffle oil to taste (I start with about 1 tablespoon)
  • fresh parsley (optional)
 
Directions:
  • Bake fries per package directions until nice and crisp.
  • Remove from oven and immediately drizzle lightly with truffle oil and toss
  • Add parmesan and herbs if using and toss
  • Best served immediately

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...