Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Rock 'n' Roll 1/2

Happy Tuesday everyone! I told y'all I would be up to something a little crazy this weekend and that something was running my first ever 1/2 marathon.  I've run on and off for the last several years but never really had the desire to run so far.  My brother was a huge runner though and competed in many marathons.  He even qualified for the Boston Marathon!  The San Antonio Rock 'n' Roll Marathon was one of his favorites so my Dad recently suggested we run it in his memory.  Since I just gave birth to the B not quite 4 months ago and hadn't run in over a year, I felt the 1/2 was about all I could handle.

My sister and I ran the entire thing together and did all of our "training" in about 6 weeks so I'm pretty proud that we were able to run 10 miles before taking a walk break and only walked for a mile and a half. 

It was grueling, but I actually enjoyed most of it.  Towards the end, when it was getting really hard, I just kept picturing my brother running in front of me and I could almost hear him telling me to push through. 

Perhaps as amazing as my feat of running 13.1 miles, was the fact that my little baby girl was a perfect angel despite having to wait four and a half hours to eat!  She does not take a bottle and it took us quite a while to make our way back to the hotel, but she hung in there and didn't cry one bit.  Here are just a few pics of the day:

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! That's awesome! I plan on doing my first half-marathon when it warms up :)

    We just did our first family race! Only a 5k, but my husband and I pushed our little ones (an extra 75 lbs!) in a double stroller!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...